Thursday, February 2, 2012

little duke blue devil!

One of my first experiences sewing with knits. Although, sweatshirt material is pretty easy to sew with.


I remained true to my stubborn ways and altered the pattern for this. It was a zipper hoodie pattern without the strips of fabric down the side. It wasn't too hard to alter, but I think my alterations may have effected the fit a little.


Oh... and I couldn't find blue and white striped fabric...so I used fabric paint for the blue stripes. My kitchen counter is still blue in some spots...


I couldn't quite get the paint to mix to the same color as the embroidery thread. In hindsight, I should have used the fabric paint and cut a stencil for the design, but it came out okay. And I just love those preppy blue stripes (even though I hold a certain amount of dislike for the Duke Blue Devils...it's a gift, though).



No comments:

Post a Comment