Sunday, January 8, 2012

saturdays without NCAAF...

From August to December - Saturdays are reserved for one thing in the 'D' household...college football. I know its slightly wrong to spend all of those beautiful fall Saturdays inside in front of a television, but I can't help it. Its one of my favorite things. This Saturday, however, was the first Saturday since the start of the season that there's really not that much going on in the world of CFB. I was amazed at how much stuff I could get done wilst not having my butt parked in front of the television from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Yeah, it's that bad).

First, I did some baking - this recipe for healthy banana bread (I added some flax seed, too). Yummy. And this recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake (only with strawberries and blueberries instead to use up some of our leftover fruit). This one is super yummy!



I also got working on Jude's quilt. Pieces, basted and started quilting!



There was also lots of cleaning and organizing. I organized the hubs garage for him (organization not his strength), and started moving all my craft things out of the future baby room. Although I'm not sure I'll ever give up my precious CFB watching, I'm glad it only lasts a portion of the year!!




No comments:

Post a Comment