Tuesday, January 10, 2012

my first go with spoonflower

I've been working on ideas for a Steelers quilt for next Christmas gifts for some of our family members. Unfortunately, we live just far enough away from Pittsburgh that our fabric stores have a significant lack of any black and gold themed prints. There are really not a lot of options out there in webland either. So I decided to try my hand for the first time at Spoonflower's custom fabric printing. I must say I love the results.


Unfortunately, they don't have an option for wider than 42". My plan was to use this for the backing of a queen sized quilt - so I guess I will just have to piece some solid black into the backing. One thing is for sure - this could certainly become an expensive habit!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I love your fabric!!! I have never used pinterest or spoonflower and being an interenet baffoon, don't know how to navigate either! Do you sell the fabric you create? please respond to muirrkat@gmail.com. Thanks so much for any help you can offer. I'm also looking for a black fleece fabric with Steeler's embroidered "patches" that I purchased a few years ago. I usually buy from Joann, but they have no record of carrying that fabric. Any ideas? Thanks again! Sherry

    ReplyDelete