Sunday, June 12, 2011

Letters, Blocks, and Gifts

Ever since I saw this Scrabble fabric by Quilting Treasures, I've been dying to make a game quilt. And, it just so happens that my sister-in-law and brother love playing Scrabble. (Could there be a better reason to get started on this project for an early Christmas gift?!). So, I bought the tile fabric, the red and orange circle fabric and the striped fabric from the Scrabble collection and I've started on their gift. Here's what I've got so far!



I picked some scrap fabric for the backing of the letters, sewed them together and turned them inside out. It is definitely time consuming to sew all of these letters!




I still have to 'quilt' all the letters to close the open seam, and I'll have to piece the board together as well. I'm still working on how I'll print the triple and double letter/word score info on the board, but I have some ideas stirring around. I'm also working on some ways to hold the letters that are used during play (the game has the wooden stand for letters) and possibly a way to keep score.

Isn't this just too exciting for words? (Sorry, couldn't resist the pun).

Now, what other fun games can I add to this quilt...?

1 comment: