Friday, March 18, 2011

Gray and Yellow Guest Room - Curtains

So I finally decided what to do with the Amy Butler Fabric I bought not too long ago. (Who am I kidding...I knew all along). Since we decided to paint our guestroom a light gray, I thought this fabric would go perfectly!

This was my first attempt at curtain making - so I did a quick tutorial search. I ended up finding a couple that I meshed together to make our curtains. 7 Layer Studio has a great tutorial for lined drapes with an easy solution for the curtain rod slots. The tutorial is here. (Only thing I would change here is that I used a dark ribbon as the tabs for the curtain rod, and when the sun shines through...well, you can see them. Very obviously. I might use a lighter ribbon, or even fabric next time).

Sorry for the poor picture quality - I was just so excited to get these up!

I wanted hidden seams on the front of my drapes, so I used a blind hem. here is the tutorial I used for that. Unfortunately, I didn't have a blind hem foot for my machine, so my stitching isn't perfect. But, it is possible to do the blind hem without it.

Yay for curtains!

No comments:

Post a Comment