Monday, January 31, 2011

Farewell to a Faithful Friend

I used to be the proud owner of a ’95 Honda Civic. It was first car I ever paid off by myself and that gave me such a sense of accomplishment; after all I was a poor college student at the time. I bought it in 2003 for a whopping $4,250.00 (well…it was a whopping amount to me back then). Despite the fact that I had never even attempted to drive a standard before and I lived in one of the hilliest places on the east coast, I forked over the cash and had a friend drive it off the lot. We went through a lot together, Honda and me. I learned how to change oil, spark plugs & caps, brakes, tires, air filters, radiator, and I loved every minute of it. After reaching 210,000 miles, however, my husband and I (well, mostly him) made the decision to give her up. I know it’s silly, but I don’t think I’ll ever feel that way about a car again. So, here’s to my little misfit Honda. You will be greatly missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment